Tuesday, September 10, 2019


Question :

We measure temperature by means of the contraction or expansion of a liquid when it is heated or cooled. The changes that take place as a result are standardized in the form of certain scales. One of these is called the Fahrenheit scale and another is called the centigrade scale. In the former the boiling point of water is fixed at 2120 and its freezing point at 32 o. In the latter the corresponding scales are 100° and 0°. Often it becomes necessary to convert temperature readings from one scale to those of another. What we attempt in this conversion is this-to convert from the Fahrenheit scale to the Centigrade we subtract 32 and multiply by 5/9.
(116 words)

Answer :

Temperature is measured through heating or cooling. The standardized changes are scaled as Fahrenheit with boiling point at 212°and freezing point at 32°, and centrigrade having 100° as boiling point and 0° as freezing point, for conversion From Fahrenheit to centrigrade we subtract 32 and multiply by 5/9.